Safe Haven

Sometimes, you feel just too tired to function properly. You're too tired to talk, to think,to respond, to  laugh.  ''Quality time'' with your favorite people becomes uncomfortable and slightly awkward. You're distant and constantly thinking about going home, and sleeping and resting, but you have so many obligations and you actually do want to spend time with people, it's just that it doesn't seem right.

I often get in that kind of situation (or mood, if you like it better that way), and I feel irritated by myself. It's really uncomfortable and anxious feeling, and I try to get rid of it as soon as possible. And it's not caused by something special, a few bad things that happen in life, a few monotonous days, a few people that say that wrong thing you don't want them to mention... And suddenly, you just want to escape. And trust me, escape is the best option there is. That's what I did this weekend. From Friday to Sunday, I was away from computer, work, friends, obligations. It was perfect.

I live in Croatia, on peninsula Pelješac near Dubrovnik. So we went to our little house in a small bay called Velika Prapratna. It's my grandparents' house, and nobody lives in the small village during the winter. Probably because there is no shops, cafes, restaurants.... and wifi.
 (Plenty of Important Business People come here every summer, turn off their phone and forget about their work. They have to, because from there, there's nothing they can do to get in touch with their colleagues, unless they drive to the nearest small towns (Trpanj,10 minutes and Orebić, 25 minutes away) to get wifi and get somemthing done.)
I took my camera there and photographed amazing photos of beauty of hidden gems of Croatian coast. None of the photos are photoshopped, and trust me, Croatia's coast is equally beautiful everywhere.

So, after spending a weekend there, sunbathing, swimming, eating amazing food and laughing out loud with my family, I was ready to go back to reality and to fully enjoy the last days of summer.





                                      











Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar