I dare you





Every one of us has a secret thing or two they want to do. To skydive, go to cooking school, salsa course or to learn russian. And we kinda never have time to do that, 'cause you know, we're really too busy right now, have so much obligations, it's not the right time, maybe next week/month/year/never. And although we try really hard to find great excuse for ourselves and that one friend we told about our wish one night when we were sipped and talkative, deep down every one of us knows that these ''reasons'' are not real and that maaaybe there is that other thing, you know... 

I mean, what would my boy(girl)friend/parents/friends/colleagues/cat/this cashier tell if they knew I wanted to dance salsa? They would think I'm insane. Any I'm pretty clumsy. I bet I would suck.

So you just keep watching Dancing With the Stars, and sometimes even a few youtube videos. And you think to yourselves how good this looks, and how badly you want to know how to dance half as good as they can. And you never enroll to that salsa course and then you're 40 and now your excuse is that you're too old anyways and then you get hit by the bus and die and never learn how to dance.

Well, let's hope this won't happen to you.

But seriously, things like this is what keeps us alive. Our hobbies, things we're passionate about, things we crave and dream. Any I know each of us has a list of things they want to try or do or include in their lifestyle. Mine is: photography course, dancing course, ninjutsu, running+other sports activities. And guess who hasn't ran ? And whose photos are still blurry and who still hasn't got off  auto to manual focus? 
Yes, it's me. 
And there are no excuses for not running. I mean, all I have to do is get up, go outside, and run. There are no obstacles. And I never do it. Because of my silly little brother who mocks me, and because living in a small town means knowing everybody, and somebody would see me and I would be ashamed of that.

No matter reasons, in situations like this we should learn to tell ourselves that these limits we put for ourselves, they are in our heads. They are not real. And the only thing that's stopping us from doing what we want and like and would undoubtedly enjoy are our thoughts, which, as we're all aware, can be changed. 
So start to think about all the things you haven seen or done or tried, and shake off all the limits, what-will-they-say, shake off fear. You want it, you will be happy doing it and you're feeling miserable when you don't? So go ahead! Enjoy in the fact that you're beginner and can start learning something from scratch, that you're able to take part in whatever is the thing you want to do, and that you're overcame and ignored all the imagined barriers that told you not to do what you want. 

Be proud that you realized this: The fact that you want to do something is reason good enough. And I dare you to do it.





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar